Surrogacy pros and cons
Surrogacy is one of the main achievements of humanity. Throughout history, infertility has been a common problem throughout the world. Every sixth woman cannot have children for medical reasons, and it is not surprising that more and more families are choosing this type of fertilization.
Pros of surrogacy
- Success rate. In all the achievements of IVF and other reproductive technologies, the success rates of surrogacy are quite high. The advantage is that 95% of surrogate mothers who become pregnant in this way continue to carry the fetus.
- Hope. For many couples who have been trying to overcome infertility for years and have faced many unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant, surrogacy has become an alternative to having a child. They regain the hope that their family can be complete.
- Experience. Every year, the number of experts in the field of reproductive technologies is growing. Experienced professionals ensure that Intended Parents are in good hands and the procedure is as safe and successful as possible.
- Genetic connection. Surrogacy allows intended parents to have a genetic bond with their child that they would not be able to obtain through other means.
- Legal protection. Lawyers are quite well versed in state and international legislation in relation to surrogacy. In the early stages of the process, a special contract is drawn up, so the rights of the intended parents are established long before the child is born.
- Involvement. Surrogacy ensures that parents are involved in pregnancy and childbirth at the level they desire. This is discussed with the surrogate early on, and promises a positive outcome.
- Support. An experienced team will help reduce fears and stress, and provide confidence in the surrogacy process. This process is new for most parents and can seem to be overwhelming. However, high-quality support and professionals who will accompany the entire course of events will dispel all doubts.
Cons of surrogacy
- Difficult process. The procedure can be quite complex without proper staff to help you navigate the process. With the help of professionals, you will have no doubt that everything was done in the right order and at the right time.
- Finance. The surrogacy service is quite expensive: compensation for a surrogate mother, payment for all medical services and agency support can lead to high expenses. Only a financially stable family can afford this type of fertilization.
- Lack of control. Sometimes it is difficult for intended parents to admit that the whole process is not entirely in their hands. They must trust the doctors, the team, and the surrogate mother.
- Complex legal system. The laws are not the same in every country and require in-depth analysis of all features. This will require the support of an experienced company and a lawyer.
Every year, thousands of families turn to caring and loving surrogates to help them make their families happy. Of course, you need to consider both the positive and negative aspects when considering surrogacy as an option that will help you become a parent. This type of fertilization has incredible advantages and benefits. They far outweigh any problems that can arise throughout the entire process.