Surrogacy in Austria
Surrogacy in Austria is prohibited by the Federal law “on reproductive medicine”. The country’s government makes advances to infertile couples and pays for the first 6 IVF attempts. Childless couples often have to go abroad to solve the problem of infertility. For these purposes, Austrians often choose Ukraine.
Surrogacy is prohibited in Austria, so infertile couples go to treat infertility in Ukraine.
Surrogacy and IVF in Ukraine are the main advanced methods of assisted reproductive technologies that help infertile couples become parents even with the most complex diagnoses.
Every year, couples from all over the world come to Ukrainian centers of reproductive technologies for infertility treatment in order to avoid problems with the law in their homeland.
VittoriaVita is a leading surrogacy center in Ukraine that offers programs that cost 36,000-50,000 Euros, which is much cheaper than, for example, in the United States. At the same time, the level of medical care in Ukraine is not inferior to the American one.
Alternative countries where surrogacy is allowed
In most countries of the world, surrogacy is prohibited, and in some countries, the use of this method of infertility treatment is criminally punishable. Surrogacy is legal in several countries, including:
America was the first to use surrogacy for infertility treatment. Each state has its own laws, and the legislation may differ from region to region.
This method of infertility treatment is strictly prohibited in the States of Michigan, New Jersey, and Arizona. California and Florida are considered centers of commercial surrogacy.
- the child automatically receives American citizenship and can get a second citizenship of the country where they will go with their parents,
- parental rights belong to a married couple,
- to use the services of surrogate mother, any person, regardless of gender, marital status and sexual orientation.
- high cost of programs,
- in the United States, there is no single law that regulates the use of assisted reproductive technologies.
Surrogacy in Canada is allowed since 2004, when the “law on assisted human reproduction” was adopted.
- surrogacy is allowed on a free basis, the girl is paid only for examination, IVF, pregnancy and childbirth, and compensation for temporary disability after childbirth,
- can homosexual couples and single people can use the services of surrogate mothers.
- violation of the law in this area and use of surrogacy for profit is punishable by law (fine or imprisonment up to 10 years).
Ukraine remains the leader of assisted reproductive technologies in the world with a wide selection of reproductive centers, including VittoriaVita a leading center for surrogacy with 10 years of experience, its own database of surrogates and oocyte donors.
- an unmarried woman can be a surrogate if her child has reached the age of majority,
- surrogate mothers have strict requirements,
- a relative can give birth to a child for a couple,
- parental rights to the child belong to the biological parents.
- the surrogate mother has no right to be an egg donor,
- there is a fine for a surrogate mothers in case of violation of the terms of the contract
Non-commercial surrogacy is allowed on the territory of the country, if a relative of the couple agrees to give birth to the child.