What are the requirements for donors?
The donor oocytes can be a healthy woman from 20 to 30 years old. In these limits, age, as a rule, does not affect the quality of gametes. After 30 years old, the quality and quantity of oocytes is gradually reduced, moreover, there is the possibility of chromosomal mutations.
Egg donor requirements:
- age from 20 to 30 years;
- the availability of healthy child, born in a natural way;
- good physical health;
- absence of negative phenotypic manifestations;
- the absence of hereditary diseases;
- no bad habits (drug addiction, alcoholism, substance abuse);
- the absence of contraindications for participation in the donation program.
Body mass index (ratio of weight to height) is very important in selecting a donor. The excess or deficiency of weight reduces the influence of medical drugs during preparation, so a woman’s body can not respond to hormonal agents. The donor should have a pleasant appearance, without any apparent defects.
There are special requirements for a woman who wants to donate eggs after delivery:
- Take part in the donation program can not a woman who breastfeeds. During this period, her body produces the hormone prolactin, which may negatively affect the maturation of eggs. To start preparing for the donation program, it should pass at least three menstrual cycles after she stops breastfeeding.
- If a woman does not breastfeed her child, she will be able to become a donor only 6 months after birth. This time is necessary for her menstrual cycle recovered.
If a woman believes that she corresponds to all egg donor requirements, she fills the donor questionnaire and our managers contact her. After appeal in our center, a potential donor passes all the necessary tests, analyzes and examination by a doctor.