Interesting facts about surrogate motherhood
Do you know that…?
- The first child in the world born by the surrogate mother, was born in 1980 in the United States. In Ukraine this happened much later, in 1991.
- During the time of existence of surrogacy programs more than 5 000 000 children were born in the world.
- Nowadays, Ukraine had over 15,000 children conceived using assisted reproductive technologies.
- A lot of celebrities also use the help of surrogate mother. For example, Cristiano Ronaldo, Nicole Kidman, Sarah Jessica Parker and others.
- In the UK lives the surrogate mother-record holder. Carol Horlock is now 49 years old, she has two daughters, and she gave birth to 13 children (8 girls and 5 boys) for infertile couples.
- According to statistics, not only Carol Horlock, but about 40% of other women want to become a surrogate mother again.
- Approximately 20% of couples in the world have conceiving problems .
- Ovarian women reserve starts to decline rapidly after 35 years.
- About 40% of women who asked for help at the clinic of reproductive medicine were women after 35 years.
- In Ukraine to become a surrogate mother can not every woman. For example, one of the main conditions is the presence of at least one healthy child, who was born naturally.
- One in four women who became pregnant with the help of IVF gives birth to twins.
- Almost 40% of couples have to use IVF due to male infertility.
- In California, a woman gave birth to 14 children in two pregnancies with IVF. The first time she gave birth to 6 children, and the second to 8. After this incident, the country imposed restrictions, now for one IVF cycle it is possible to transfer not more than 2 embryos.
- Scientists have found that a woman is more psychologically prepared for pregnancy at the age of 40.